zondag 25 maart 2012

The colorful EFF project.

For the EFF april 2012 I have probably designed more than 5 costumes. I liked none of them enough. Eventually I designed a very colorful costume which friends seemed to like. I then decided to make that one.
By now I've realized that this costume isn't "me". This is not something I'm going to wear because I feel good in it. The EFF has become more than just a fantasy event. People show of their costumes and their crafts. And I want to be recognized as well! I guess that's why I designed this one. Don't get me wrong though, I still enjoy making it and still think it looks good ;).
This is the basic design:
I'm working with cheap shiny fabrics. Mostly satin and organza.
So far I've been working on swirly "flaps" for a skirt. I order to keep them in shape I add a back layer of faux leather and a iron wire.


Also, to keep the organza from fraying, I use an incense
stick to sort of melt the edges.
this is what it looked like a couple
weeks ago:
I still have much to do!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten